Top 10 Fall Activities
Ahh, cooler weather is approaching and that means one thing, fall is near!
Here in Georgia we always look forward to a break in the heat and although we’ve had some exceptionally hot summer days, we know the cooler weather is near!
There are several activities we do as a family to make the best of fall. Here is our complete list:
- Look up all the festivals and activities going on in your area. Most of the time you can find festivals and fairs simply through word of mouth and through Facebook. You can’t go through fall and skip the festivals!
- Visit a pumpkin farm. This is one of our favorite traditions. We’ve done it since our little one was a baby and we continue to do it. We go during a weekday when it’s less crowded and we take a ride up to our favorite pumpkin farm to pick out our pumpkins!
- Take a mini road trip to the mountains to see the changing leaves in peak! We’re partly in the North Georgia mountains, but we normally go up just a little further to see the leaves. They’re gorgeous at higher altitudes. Plan it strategically. Keep a watch on your local weather to see when the peak leaf changing is.
- When it’s closer to Halloween, CARVE PUMPKINS! This is so much fun to do and you can find many templates online to help you with your jack-o-lantern adventure!
- Create your child’s Halloween Costume. This is a biggie for me. Every year I hand-make my sons Halloween costume. This is very important to me and is a tradition I’ll continue to do! Check out some of my Halloween Costumes I’ve done in my Halloween section! Click on this link for an example.
- Do fall crafts with the kiddos. One of my favorites is letting our son pick out the different fallen leaves and seeing the difference in all the shapes and colors from different trees!
- Make pumpkin spice recipes!! I love the house smelling like pumpkin when I finish baking a pumpkin spice cake or pumpkin spice bread!
- Decorate your house and yard for fall! Some of my favorite things to decorate with is hay, corn stalks, pumpkins, and burlap! You also can decorate with painted door hangers like this.
- Don’t forget to get out your boots/warmer clothes! This will really get you in the “fall mood”! I love getting out my boots every year!!
- Make your own scarecrow!! this is so fun to do with the kiddos! They enjoy it so much. Just get some old clothing and stuff with hay, if you don’t have hay use stuffing from an old pillow or buy some!
These are just some of the ways we enjoy fall. How does your family celebrate the arrival of fall?
"This post contains affiliate links and I'll earn a small commission if you shop through them. This is how we help to make money so we can continue to bring you amazing content"